
Recently, I received an email from a woman who had gone through the same ordeal that I had (Shout out to Liz!!). She had stumbled across my blog and reached out to me. Through our emails, I learned that she was a support woman at Hope for Two. This is an organization that is set up and run by volunteers who want to provide a support network to women who have been diagnosed with cancer while pregnant. And while it isn't specifically for Ovarian Cancer patients, it is for women who are struggling with a diagnosis.
It is really hard to identify or sympathize with someone in my situation unless you have been there. It isn't that I didn't TOTALLY appreciate the love, support, and prayers that I got when I was sick but I can certainly tell you that I definitely could have used someone in my life who KNEW. EXACTLY. WHAT. I. FELT. I mean, I was literally SHOVED into this situation with no time to even comprehend what was going on. It feels like you are standing on the edge of a cliff and one more piece of bad news or one more piece of information that is meant to help you make a decision is going to be the tipping point and before you know it, there you are.
So, I thought, what could be better than to be the person that I needed and couldn't find for someone else? As my new friend Liz so eloquently put, "We could move mountains." And we will.
So, to the women, husbands, and friends who have come across my blog while looking for information on being diagnosed with cancer while pregnant, please please please visit Hope For Two Network.

1 comment:
Sarah,
I can't explain how EXCITED I was to read this today. Where once there was one, there will be a driving force to support others in our shoes. I am a huge advocate for the PWCN and really appreciate their shout out here (and thanks for mine too! I feel famous! LOL) I follow your blog and it gives me strength. I also forward it along to the women I support...you are changing lives with your words and pictures. :)
All my love!
Liz
Post a Comment