Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I Look Like an Elf

Well, it was time. My hair was falling out in chunks. Lots of chunks. And rather than carry a broom with me around with me sweeping up my trail of hair, I decided to just take the plunge and shave it all off. See Cancer, I am still in control.

I called an old friend and she was gracious enough to come over and shave my head. Here are some pictures.









And because I have the most wonderful and supportive husband in the world (or maybe he was just jealous of how awesome I looked)...Kevin partaked in a little shave himself.



I am not sure if I will go out in public like this. It feels a little strange and I am still a little self-conscious about it. But I can't change it. I can only embrace it. You have to play with the cards that you are dealt and I am not exactly ready to fold just yet.

Photobucket

11 comments:

wing之路 said...

Courage goes straight in front of challenges and never says itself a failure. I will support you with my soul.I hope that you would keep optimistic all the time.Best wishes.

Faye said...

See above? ^ Support even from people you don't know!

(Not to mention that you don't know me either... but Kevin does!)

We're praying everyday for YOU!

jenny said...

holy crap sarah i believe you might want to throw that new wig in the trash! you are so amazingly beautiful without hair, i am tempted to say you look better sans hair! i am blown away...all i can say is wow. maybe you will put on the angelina when you are tired of men hitting on you.

Anonymous said...

What the hell! If I knew I would look that good shaving my head I'd go out and do it right now. Looks like you don't have any of the dents you were worried about- just a perfect head. Oh yeah- your looking good too, Kev. Super awesome guys! See you on Saturday!!

Anonymous said...

You are holy like a buddhist monk.

DGH said...

Great updates and pictures too, you guys look great! I am inspired by your optimism and good humor Sarah...

Kevin said...

Leave the wig off baby.....wink wink, nudge nudge.

Anonymous said...

You totally can pull off the shaved head, you look so cute!!!! (Kevin you look cute as well!)

Dorothy Dombrowski said...

I think you look great. Besides, you're not going to have much time to do your hair in the upcoming months anyways....blowdrying & curling hair are a thing of the past for new moms!!

Anonymous said...

you look beautiful bald...not many people can pull that off...for example that guy standing next to you! not really kevin you look pretty too!
love
uncle ed

Anonymous said...

Sarah, You are beautiful with or without hair, inside and out. God has great things in store for you. Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those that love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."

Love, your cousin
Sandy H.