Monday, July 14, 2008

Wig Shopping


I went wig shopping. It might have been the most surreal experience of my life. First, my dad and my uncles modeled some wigs for me. I didn't think that any of those wigs really suited me or my personality so I went to a boutique.

I, of course, brought my entourage (which really only consisted of Kevin and Jenny but I like to think that I am important enought to have an entourage) to get second opinions. The boutique was cute (if you can use cute to describe a place that caters to women who have lost their hair). When I went into the back for my "consultation", Amy (the experts) gave me a panty hose to put on my head. No, I wasn't going to rob the bank, but it sure felt like I could have. Otherwise, it made me look like a human condom. The purpose was to simulate my head without hair so the wigs would fit better and I would get a better idea of what I would actually look like with someone else's hair on my head.

I didn't realize that there were so many types of wigs (real hair, synthetic hair, full lace, partial lace, hand made, machine made) so I was on wig overload. Luckily, my entourage kept me grounded and I was able to try on some things. It turned out to not be as daunting as I thought it would be when I first walked in. It actually turned out to be sort of fun. After Amy fingered my hair and asked me what I wanted, she brought back some FABULOUS wigs for me to try on.

I don't want to spoil the surprise, but Jenny insisted that I looked HOT (and why wouldn't I believe her, right???). The name of my wig is Angelina. Sorry boys...I already have my Brad so as HOT as I am going to look, you will just have to admire from afar!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally love that picture of your dad and his dudes! I cant wait to see what you guys picked out. I'm sure any wig named Angelina is a hot one!

jenny said...

holy shit i think i just peed my pants. maybe next time your dad can come with and model the wigs for you. you are correct...the angelina is so HOT! i am excited to see you in your new do lookin' super fine!

Anonymous said...

these cool dudes are such an inspiration!