Thursday, December 18, 2008

I've Been Randomized

I got randomized in my trial. I was put on the observation arm of the trial, which just means I get an exam and blood work every month. Originally, I wanted one of the drugs, but I am happy that I got placed where I did. Either way, I am still part of something that will help women in the future.

I did have a CT-Scan, Chest X-Ray, and EKG and everything came back NORMAL. So, the chemo did good. It did really good. Right now, there is no sign of cancer in my body. Now, we just need to keep it out!

I have my dreams back. I have my hopes back. I am even starting to get my hair back. I feel like everything is going back to normal. This will be the best Christmas ever.

So, from my family to yours. Have a very Merry Christmas and a joyous New Year! I pray that your families will be as blessed as our was this past year.

4 comments:

bigmama said...

Oh man Sarah, you just brightened my day. I am so happy for you and your little family. God is good. Now I must go wipe my sloppy tears, what wonderful news!! Loads of Love, Jackie Oh yeah....that baby, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Gary B said...

Fantastic news!!! What a great way to end a very rough year! Hopefully you'll be in the D to visit soon!! We miss you at PDC!!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, you are an amazing woman!!!! I have a similar story but my ovarian cancer was very rare (known as a germ cell ovarian tumor)and I was 29 and had not had children but was undergoing infertility treatment. I am now almost 13 years in remission with 2beautiful biological daughters, now 10 & 8 years old.

Your family is now part of my daily prayers and thoughts. Enjoy your baby girl, those days were the best of my life.

love to you & your family!!!!
Nancy Snyder - Atlanta, Georgia
njsnyder4@aol.com

Anonymous said...

This is a very amazing story and I can see God's hand all over your life. You and your family are here for a purpose and if you don't know Jesus and have him in your life as savior seek him and you will see how much more he will do with you and your family. I too will pray for you and your family.