Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lighting the Town Teal

This weekend, Kevin and I attended the Light the Town Teal event for Ovarian Cancer Awareness.  NOCC-IL worked with the City of Chicago to and several buildings downtown to light the skyline teal to bring awareness to Ovarian Cancer.  It was beautiful.  The cocktail party was amazing as well.  A sea of women dressed in teal, men supporting their wives, mothers, sisters, and friends loving friends. 

I couldn't get a great picture of the skyline so I got some from the organization that was hosting at

http://www.whyteal.org

The Skyline:

Image Source,Photobucket Uploader Firefox Extension


Willis Tower (aka Sears Tower)

Image Source,Photobucket Uploader Firefox Extension


Other Buildings Downtown:

Image Source,Photobucket Uploader Firefox Extension

Image Source,Photobucket Uploader Firefox Extension


Enjoying my "Teal-tini"

Photobucket

My supporting husband sporting his teal tie

Photobucket

September is a wonderful month.  There are so many activities, events, movements, etc. to raise awareness for this disease.  It is important to know that people deal with this sickness every day.  And while September is awesome, we need to keep the momentum going year-round.  The more people know, the more we can fight this disease.

No comments: