It is ironic that I was just telling someone yesterday that as far as insurance companies go, mine is pretty good. When I found out I was pregnant, they enrolled me in a program where an RN calls me every month to see how I am doing and send me free books about being pregnant and raising children. When I had my surgery and there was a possibility that our baby could have been premature, they had a NICU Nurse walk me through any potential complications that could have occurred (thank God that the baby is still baking).
I say it is ironice because now the insurance company is questioning my DOCTOR on my cancer diagnosis. Is that weird?? Ummmm...yes it is! So, while I am emotionally and mentally preparing for my first chemotherapy treatment, my oncologist is battling with my insurance company.
I was supposed to start my first treatment today. I was ready. I was prepared. I was strong. But, they had to move my first appointment to tomorrow. I will be ready and I will be prepared and I will be strong. But at the same time, I am irritated that I have to wait until tomorrow. I am sort of in that mind set of "Let's get this started!"
In the grand scheme of things, it really isn't THAT big of a deal but, Kevin and I are the type of people who need to take one thing at a time. It is incredibly overwhelming to look at our situation and try to deal with everything all at once (chemo treatments, baby coming, major surgury, more chemo treatments) so we take it one day at a time. This is just one more day of waiting and one more day of stress.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi Sarah,
It's Faye... Kevin's, ummm, 'cousin', sort of, by adoption? Somthing like that!
Listen, we've been following your story and progress via bits and pieces from my mom, your mom and Kristen (mostly Kris) and I want to let you know that we have all the Nuns and Priests in NJ praying like hell (can you do that? 'pray like hell'?) for you and baby Natalie and Kevin and your parents and his parents... everyone!
Hang in there. You WILL beat this!
Sarah, Kevin and Natalie: Please know that we are all praying for you in Kansas too!! You are such a strong woman, you will beat this and have a beautiful baby and life together! I CANNOT wait to meet Natiale - I fantasize about Kora and Natalie ending up best friends like their Grandma's are!! Although, I do pity any of the guys they double date with (inside joke!). I love your blog and I love your attitude - and I LOVE your big ole belly! Keep her nice and snuggly for a while longer. A C-section isn't horrible by the way, and the reward is worth it!! We all love you guys a ton, please remember that when you have down days. Keep blogging, and say whatever you want to - and be mad as Hell too - it will give you strength for the next several months! Sending love, strength, prayers, determination (but no food - sorry Kevin)!!! Love, Kris
Hi Sarah,
It's Michelle's sister-in-law Meagan. I hope you don't mind Michelle emailed me the link to your blog. I just wanted you to know that we are thinking of you through this rough time. If there is ANYTHIGN you need, please do not hesitate to ask, we are just around the corner. Even if it's for a foot rub or to watch some really bad t.v. :) (Michelle is REALLY a pro at that!) Just keep your positive attitude, it will help keep you strong!
Thinking of you today, sending hugs and support!! We all love you!
Post a Comment