This is the blog entry that I have been dreading writing for over a month now. But, I owed it to the people who love me and read my blog to know the whole story.
I found out the results of the pathology from my surgery. I need to preface this news with the fact that I did NOT want to know the results. If the doctors found nothing, I would be pissed that I had a surgery that would not allow me to experience the joys of childbirth again. If they found something, I would just be pissed in general because the two rounds of chemo that I endured while pregnant didn't do much.
I also must tell you that it was just this logic that upset Kevin and caused many uncomfortable conversations between the two of us. He loves me so much and he wanted to know, but I just couldn't bring myself to call up my oncologist to find out what was the news. But, it is because I love Kevin and Natalie so much that I picked up the phone to make the call.
It wasn't the news either of us wanted to hear. I guess that if I really had to choose an outcome, it would be that the doctors found nothing. But, the cards were not in my favor that day.
They found cancer on my other ovary, in my cul-de-sac (abdominal cavity behind uterus), and in one of the samples of the lymph nodes that he took. And of course, the washings from my abdominal cavity were positive. That puts me at a Stage IIIc.
I can't really say how I felt about the news. A little indifferent, I guess. I am still unsure about how I feel about it all. I guess that I am just letting it sink in. It is scary, but I am really trying to stay positive about it all.
My treatment remains the same. Finish the 6 rounds of chemo and then follow-up with continuous blood work, CT scans, and ultrasounds.
It sucks. But cancer, in general, sucks.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Sarah,
Hang in there. You and Kevin and Natalie are in our prayers... EVERY DAY!
Sarah,
This battle totally is unfair for you should be enjoying Natalie to your fullest. She is enjoying you, no matter what, to her fullest. Prayers continuing.
We will continue to pray, pray , pray. Stay strong. We love you!
The Zinns
sarah
miracles are in your life everyday...just look at your little girl. you are one of the strongest women i know. you can do this.
love you lady
Hey Lady- my little guy can't wait to meet your little gally gal! I want you to know I am thinking about you all the time. My mom's best friend Kathy (a nurse) knows a bunch of women who are currently beating this disease and you are too- because that is just the type of person you are- you are part of a group of strong women who are making history! We love you guys.
Sarah, Kevin, Natalie,
We are all sending our prayers...
Hang in there!
Love, The Benages
Sarah,
We love you and pray for you everyday. Aunt Judy and I would like to have an email address where we can write to you. We have a lot of things we would like to tell you about but the blog isn't the place for it. Email us at sntirish@sbcglobal.net.
Love Uncle Hen and Aunt Judy
Sarah,
I will continue to pray God's healing for you. You are my hero writing your feelings in a blog about this horrible disease, your love for your husband and daughter. I had IIIC ovarian cancer and I am 6 years out. My daughter (only child)was a freshman in college and all I thought about was keeping my faith and my will to see her follow her dreams. I am also blessed with a loving husband who took wonderful care of me. Do NOT pay attention to the statistics because they are only numbers (NOT YOU)....keep your faith (go ahead and get angry - God understands) and then feel his LOVE. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing. I am honored to keep you in my prayers.
Judi Fidh, Survivor jlfidh@aol.com
Sarah,
You are so strong. You can fight through this, I know you can. Please keep being an inspiration to the others out there who are going through hard times too.
You are smarter than cancer is evil. You will persevere in the face of adversity. Be the bean.
Post a Comment