Friday, March 26, 2010

WALK TO BREAK THE SILENCE 2010

Another "All Clear" appoint.  I am so blessed.
 ----------

And because I am so blessed, it is important that I give back.  Which is why I am asking for your support as I WALK TO BREAK THE SILENCE of Ovarian Cancer.

It is that time of year again.  It is time to stand up and fight back against a disease that has so greatly affected and changed the core of my family.   It is time to give back so others can be blessed the way that we have been.  It is time to give hope to those that have lost it and it is time to spread the word about Ovarian Cancer.

Little Miracles is back!  The Walk to Break the Silence on Ovarian Cancer is the largest fundraiser and awareness event for the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition. This event celebrates survivors, remembers those we’ve lost to ovarian cancer and increases awareness about ovarian cancer. 

I have been Cancer-free since December 10, 2008 and I want to stay cancer free for the rest of my life.  Please consider walking with us as part of our team and STAND UP to this disease as we all FIGHT BACK.

If you cannot walk, please consider donating...every little bit helps and every little step brings a LITTLE MIRACLE.

Event Details:

May 1, 2010

Registration Fee: $20/Adult, $10/Child, Children in Strollers are Free
Registration/Boot Opens:  8:30 am
Opening Ceremony: 9:30 am
Walk Begins: 10:00 am

Location: Chicago Park District site at Diversey Harbor on Cannon Dr. just north of Fullerton Parkway,across from Grove 8 and the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum.

Click here for event details: http://nocc.kintera.org/faf/help/helpEventInfo.asp?ievent=343744&lis=0&kntae343744=7900A59092BE4C8F89E0511F150D139D


To register to walk, click here: http://nocc.kintera.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=343744&lis=1&kntae343744=7900A59092BE4C8F89E0511F150D139D&team=3688606

  • Click Join Our Team
  • Accept the Terms of Agreement
  • Fill out Personal Information (if you are registering more than one person, you will have to do this twice)
  • If you would like to make an additional donation above and beyond your registration fee, you can do so on the personal information page.  The donation will automatically be credited to Little Miracles.

To donate to Little Miracles and help us reach our goal, click here: http://nocc.kintera.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=343744&lis=1&kntae343744=7900A59092BE4C8F89E0511F150D139D&team=3688606
  • Click on my name, Sarah Joanis (to the right)
  • Enter in Donation Amount & click continue
  • Enter in Donor and payment information
Please invite any friends or family that you have that may also be interested.  Last year, the weather was perfect and it was a beautiful day in the city. 

Thank you all for your continued love and support.

Here are some Pictures from last year's event.



Photobucket



Photobucket





Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Mrs. Joanis,

I am a college student in California and I just wanted to tell you how inspirational your story was to me. I am currently taking a Philosophy class and decided to focus on women's rights to medical services (such as cancer treatment) while pregnant, especially in foreign countries. I was so inspired by your and another young woman's story that I decided to interject your stories in my Power Point presentation which will be shared among my classmates in the online class environment.

After viewing my presentation, I decided that I wanted to contact you and see if you would like to see the presentation and hear the story of a young woman, Amalia (an alias) who is currently losing her battle with cancer, which will ultimately leave her 10 year old daughter without a mother, because the local government will not allow women to get any type of medical treatment while they are pregnant.

If you would like to view the presentation please contact me at the email address supplied. I do hope that you do not mind that I have used you and your family’s story in my presentation for my semester project. If you do, then I sincerely apologize.

Crystal